OT: Happy New Year All !
lucretia borgia
2006-12-31 22:34:19 UTC
Just on my way out - Happy New Year to all.
Gill Murray
2006-12-31 22:49:45 UTC
Post by lucretia borgia
Just on my way out - Happy New Year to all.
You party girl, you!!!!! I plan to be sleeping when the New Year
arrives............Jim has always maintained that New Years Eve parties
are "amateur night".!!

DR&H

Gill

Happy New Year, anyway, me old duck!
edna
2006-12-31 23:01:42 UTC
It arrived here hours ago. 10am News Years Day now.
Happy New Year to all!

Edna in sunny Sydney
Pat P

Karen C - California
2007-01-01 06:50:49 UTC
Post by Pat P
Four minutes to go for us! All the best to everyone for 2007.
Pat
We're still stuck in 2006 here.....
--
Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

Finished 12/29/06 -- baby blanket and jacket

WIP: housewarming gift, July birthstone, Flowers of Hawaii
(Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

Editor/Proofreader www.KarenMCampbell.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html
Pat P

Lucille
2007-01-01 00:46:40 UTC
Post by Gill Murray
Post by lucretia borgia
Just on my way out - Happy New Year to all.
You party girl, you!!!!! I plan to be sleeping when the New Year
arrives............Jim has always maintained that New Years Eve parties
are "amateur night".!!
DR&H
Gill
Happy New Year, anyway, me old duck!
Are you married to my long dear departed husband? He used to say the same
thing.

My friends just left about 10 minutes ago. We went out for an early dinner
and came back here for wine, blueberry pie and coffee ice cream. For me it
was a perfect celebration and now I can put on my jammies and relax.

HAPPY, HEALTHY NEW YEAR to Everyone.

Lucille
lucretia borgia
2007-01-01 05:20:14 UTC
Gill Murray <***@nowhere.net>,in
rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with
Yah didn't run fast enough lol
Cheryl Isaak
2007-01-01 13:32:57 UTC
Post by lucretia borgia
Just on my way out - Happy New Year to all.
And to you and yours!

Cheryl
Susan Hartman
2007-01-01 15:08:44 UTC
Happy New Year.

Let's start it out right, with some enabling. I just discovered a new
designer: Linda Myers. Anybody else know her work? Her "Amish Country
Sampler" really sings to me!

http://www.lindamyers.com/

Sue
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
http://www.dirtylinen.com
Karen C - California
2007-01-01 18:02:31 UTC
Post by Susan Hartman
Happy New Year.
Let's start it out right, with some enabling. I just discovered a new
designer: Linda Myers. Anybody else know her work? Her "Amish Country
Sampler" really sings to me!
http://www.lindamyers.com/
Sue
Oh, you evil, evil enabler!

I managed not to order anything, so I'm still abiding by my resolution
to get a project done before I buy any more.

But, then again, I'm within a few hundred stitches of finishing
Snowflake Sampler, so if my resolve wavers this afternoon, I'm
technically not in violation.

BTW, I have my first finish of the year already! Just after midnight, I
finished knitting a romper for a friend's grandbaby. (Well, I guess
it's not really "finished" because I still have to sew the two pieces
together and find some buttons.) Started the second romper, and then
I'll be done with baby clothes for a while. :)

Bruce
2007-01-01 19:48:51 UTC
Post by Susan Hartman
Happy New Year.
Happy New Year to all RCTN readers.
I'm not a stitcher but my wife, Maureen, is well on the way to
completing "Richard III" in cross-stitch (Stitchpics RTT01
<www.stitchpics.com/~rgillett/rtt01.htm>). My contribution is to use my
scanner & computer to enlarge the patterns a bit.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
"You can always tell a Yorkshire man. You just can't tell him much."
Gill Murray
2007-01-01 20:22:12 UTC
Post by Bruce
Post by Susan Hartman
Happy New Year.
Happy New Year to all RCTN readers.
I'm not a stitcher but my wife, Maureen, is well on the way to
completing "Richard III" in cross-stitch (Stitchpics RTT01
<www.stitchpics.com/~rgillett/rtt01.htm>). My contribution is to use my
scanner & computer to enlarge the patterns a bit.
I really enjoy your posts, and being a stitcher's "supporter" does give
you validity here. LOL That is a major project that Maureen is working on!!

Gillian
Florida
Bruce
2007-01-01 20:53:37 UTC
Post by Gill Murray
Post by Bruce
Happy New Year to all RCTN readers.
I'm not a stitcher but my wife, Maureen, is well on the way to
completing "Richard III" in cross-stitch (Stitchpics RTT01
<www.stitchpics.com/~rgillett/rtt01.htm>). My contribution is to use
my scanner & computer to enlarge the patterns a bit.
I really enjoy your posts, and being a stitcher's "supporter" does give
you validity here. LOL That is a major project that Maureen is working on!!
It's Maureen's second attempt. The first try, about 15 years ago, failed
because Maureen realised (too late!) that the pattern had two symbols
that were almost indistinguishable (a plus sign and a divide sign). I
ordered another copy of the pattern from Stitchpics in Autumn 2006; when
it arrived we saw that the pattern had been re-drawn and the symbols
were now much distinct. However, there is still an occasional outburst
of un-ladylike language from Maureen's workroom when our cat, Surrey,
suddenly takes it into her head to leap, unannounced, onto Maureen's lap
thus disturbing the pattern and scattering silks everywhere.
Cheryl Isaak
2007-01-01 22:56:10 UTC
Post by Karen C - California
Post by Susan Hartman
Happy New Year.
Let's start it out right, with some enabling. I just discovered a new
designer: Linda Myers. Anybody else know her work? Her "Amish Country
Sampler" really sings to me!
http://www.lindamyers.com/
Sue
Oh, you evil, evil enabler!
I managed not to order anything, so I'm still abiding by my resolution
to get a project done before I buy any more.
But, then again, I'm within a few hundred stitches of finishing
Snowflake Sampler, so if my resolve wavers this afternoon, I'm
technically not in violation.
I'm still looking for an image of that!

Cheryl
Pat P

http://www.dirtylinen.com
Gill Murray
2007-01-01 23:51:53 UTC
Pat, old friend,

You know I will always order, and post on to you!!

Remember whatshername in Wales??? LOL

Gill
http://www.dirtylinen.com
Cheryl Isaak
Very nice!
ellice
2007-01-02 17:13:30 UTC
Post by Susan Hartman
Happy New Year.
Let's start it out right, with some enabling. I just discovered a new
designer: Linda Myers. Anybody else know her work? Her "Amish Country
Sampler" really sings to me!
http://www.lindamyers.com/
Sue
I've seen some of hers around. I couldn't find one with this title - but
did see the "amish Country Life" , and the Amish Sampling. Personally, I
really like the Willow Hill Farm one but....

ellice

bungadora
2007-01-01 15:37:46 UTC
Happy New Year!

I'm doing better than usual. I haven't broken any resolutions yet.

Dora
http://www.picturetrail.com/bungadora
lucretia borgia
2007-01-01 15:41:29 UTC
"bungadora" <***@aol.com>,in
Post by bungadora
Happy New Year!
I'm doing better than usual. I haven't broken any resolutions yet.
Dora
http://www.picturetrail.com/bungadora
I have, sigh. Going to break bigger ones too. I am going to Ruby and
Bill's in a short time for their annual New Years Day event and yes, I
am taking the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake - after that, it's
back on track.

By my reckoning you have lasted twelve hours, so keep it up lol
Gill Murray
2007-01-01 15:44:45 UTC
Post by lucretia borgia
and entertained us with
Post by bungadora
Happy New Year!
I'm doing better than usual. I haven't broken any resolutions yet.
Dora
http://www.picturetrail.com/bungadora
I have, sigh. Going to break bigger ones too. I am going to Ruby and
Bill's in a short time for their annual New Years Day event and yes, I
am taking the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake - after that, it's
back on track.
By my reckoning you have lasted twelve hours, so keep it up lol
Please wish Ruby and Bill a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year from
me, too. Also, if you eat a little of the cake, you are just doing it
for me, so it won't count calorie-wise!!

Gill
lucretia borgia
2007-01-01 16:00:57 UTC
Gill Murray <***@nowhere.net>,in
rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with
Post by Gill Murray
Post by lucretia borgia
and entertained us with
I will, I will - that's a great idea lol
bungadora
2007-01-01 15:50:32 UTC
Post by lucretia borgia
Post by bungadora
I'm doing better than usual. I haven't broken any resolutions yet.
Dora
http://www.picturetrail.com/bungadora
I have, sigh. Going to break bigger ones too. I am going to Ruby and
Bill's in a short time for their annual New Years Day event and yes, I
am taking the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake - after that, it's
back on track.
By my reckoning you have lasted twelve hours, so keep it up lol
It's only (nearly) 9am here.
Dora
lucretia borgia
2007-01-01 16:03:01 UTC
"bungadora" <***@aol.com>,in
Post by bungadora
Post by lucretia borgia
Post by bungadora
I'm doing better than usual. I haven't broken any resolutions yet.
Dora
http://www.picturetrail.com/bungadora
I have, sigh. Going to break bigger ones too. I am going to Ruby and
Bill's in a short time for their annual New Years Day event and yes, I
am taking the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake - after that, it's
back on track.
By my reckoning you have lasted twelve hours, so keep it up lol
It's only (nearly) 9am here.
Dora
And of course you were sleeping during some of those. I always find
it easy to keep resolutions while I sleep ! I don't really make them
anymore because it is setting myself up for failure. That's sounds
such a sensible reason doesn't it :)
bungadora
2007-01-01 16:44:59 UTC
Post by lucretia borgia
And of course you were sleeping during some of those. I always find
it easy to keep resolutions while I sleep ! I don't really make them
anymore because it is setting myself up for failure. That's sounds
such a sensible reason doesn't it :)
Or sleep more. Stuart McLean on CBC pointed out the other day that
resolutions are seldom much fun, so sticking to them very long is
unlikely for most people. However, I heard from an old friend yesterday
(who lives in BC) who lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers last year, and
that has been enough for me to periodically over the last day or so to
pull my sweatshirt up to pensively examine the evidence of past
gluttony.

Meanwhile, enjoy your cheesecake since it is the last social occasion
of the holiday season. Gotta take one more for the team! (grunt).
Dora